Saturday, July 26, 2014

Road Trip!

Had a great time last weekend in Columbus.  Four of us from Detroit Area Modern Quilt Guild (DAMQG) went to Columbus, where we had a small group class at Sew to Speak, a shop I've been dying to visit for awhile.  We made a wallet and did some shopping.  A friend from Cleveland joined us.  I loved that there was a bowl of entirely GREEN M & M's to munch while sewing our wallets.  Isn't it pretty?  And the bowl has BLUE edging---my two favorite colors in the world.


We went to four more shops, visiting Quilt Trends in Columbus, Quilt Beginnings and the Red Rooster in Dublin, Ohio, then another Quilt Beginnings in Columbus.  Found lots of great stuff and had a fabulous time!  Good food and good friends!

'Stash Enhancement' was practiced with great skill & ability!  The "401F" is looking good.

I can't wait to try out that Quick Curve Ruler I bought----I was sold on the idea when I saw a beautiful sample quilt in a shop.  I purchased a pattern there, but then had to also order the book from Amazon when I got home---if I had realized it existed, I would have gotten it right away & not bought the loose pattern.  But we'll see; maybe the book is great & has lots of options.

Meanwhile, work has continued on the Leah Day Building Blocks Quilt Along.  I quilted another set of blocks and then laid them out on the floor in the arrangement according to the pattern.  Looking great!  Pulling from my stash & using what I have is working out well.  I'm only thru maybe block set 6, so still catching up on.
I have a couple of other fun projects I worked on a bit this week, but that will wait for the next blog entry.  Til then, keep quilting!!

3 comments:

  1. Also bought the QCR and cut out a "double wedding ring" with brights and a light grey background. Haven't pieced it yet. Puppy and cottage activities have put a serious crimp in my quilting. Am having withdrawal symptoms. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy---you poor thing! Summer and puppies are fun, but amazing how hard it is to NOT have time to sew! Looking forward to the double wedding ring. Have you seen the pattern called "Single Girl"? As you may have guessed, it is a single ring---really pretty. Google it to see pictures or check Pinterest.

      Delete
  2. So glad you liked Sew To Speak!

    ReplyDelete