Monday, May 12, 2014

Quilty Fun

It's been a whirlwind ten days, beginning with a trip to the Needleworks Seminar at Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island.  Teachers this year were Lucy Neatby (knitting, Canada), Sarah Fielke (quilting, Australia), Susan Carlson (quilter, Maine) and Bonnie Hunter (quilter, North Carolina).  My 4th consecutive trip, DH with me.

I took a class with Sarah Fielke, as Bonnie Hunter was coming back downstate with me to teach at Great Lakes Heritage Quilters. 

Bonnie's lecture was a lot of fun and we had a new record-setting amount of guests----fifty!!  Plus 93 of our members (where were the rest, I was wondering!) We have 148, why were so many missing from this fantastic speaker?  Then two days of workshops, intermixed with running laundry after a trip, cleaning up the house.....We hadn't cooked a dinner at home in over a week until last night!!

Anyway.  I don't have time for a long post right now.  I still have to prep EIGHT YARDS OF BIAS for tomorrow morning, when I am being picked up at 6AM to go to Ann Arbor, meet 8 friends from Detroit Area Modern for breakfast, then another class with Sarah Fielke.

I promise a nice picture-filled post at the end of the week, but for now, will share some fabulous pictures my friend took at Bonnie Hunter's lecture at Great Lakes Heritage Quilters.   See Suzanne's pictures here.  Be SURE to look at these---they are amazingly beautiful quilts! 

Bonnie's workshops were a lot of fun, everyone had a great time.  What a fabulous end to my program year!!  (Credit to Suzanne for booking Bonnie Hunter, thank you so much, on behalf of all of us at the guild!)   Our workshops were so much fun this year---I loved how everyone would go to lunch together, mix and mingle, no one left behind!  It was an amazing year......Afterglow....

No comments:

Post a Comment